Friday, September 13, 2013

Diaper Drive

Today I hit the jackpot at CVS for a diaper drive with my daughters' American Heritage Girls troop.  I have been watching momsbyheart.net $10 stockpiling challenge (check it out--I love her blog) and saw this deal plus I had a few extra coupons.

I first bought 6 Huggies diapers--1 diaper was on clearance. I had 2 newspaper manufacture coupons ($3.00--8/18SS), 4 printable manufacture coupons ($2.50 if you share with 3 friends), 6 CVS coupons ($3.00). I was going to check out with an additional $6 ECB, a $10 off $50 CVS coupon (printed out at bottom of previous receipt), and a $5 off $25 Huggies CVS coupon  (accidentally found on cvs.com when I was linking my card for double rewards).  I ended up not having enough spent to use my $6 ECB--so what did I do I spent more :) Remember you can only print 2 coupons from each computer--we have 4 computers and a friend printed some for me.  Also, if I would happened to snag the $1.50 Ibotta deposit I would have made money--it is gone now though.

I ended up buying 4 M&Ms tubes, 2 M&Ms packages that were B2G1 and gave him 3 B1G1 M&Ms coupons (tearpad from Kangaroo). Sale was totaled and the total pre-tax still was not higher enough.  So what do you think I did--grabbed a Diet Dr. Pepper (with no coupon).

Finally the total was higher enough.  Totally pre-tax:  11¢

So bottom line I got lunch not a healthy one (M&Ms & Soda), after school Friday treat for my kids, and diapers for the diaper drive for 11¢ and tax.

Here is the breakdown:

5 Huggies Diaper(jumbo) $9.49                  $47.45
1 Huggies Diaper(jumbo) $5.99                  $5.99
                (clearance ??)
1 Diet Dr. Pepper                                             $1.60
4 M&Ms tubes $1.00(B2G1)                        $4.00                    
2 M&Ms—Free due to sale)                        $0.00
TOTAL                                                                   $59.18

 

Coupons
1 $10 off $50                                                       -$10.00
1 CVS $5 off $25 Huggies                               -$5.00
3 Manf. Huggies $2.50                                    -$7.50
3 Manf.Huggies $3.00                                     -$9.00
6 CVSHuggies $3.00                                         -$18.00
3 B1G1 M&Ms                                                   -$3.57 (took regular price of$1.19 off x3)
CVS ECB (last week)                                        -$6.00
                                                                                -$59.07
 
Total after coupons (pre-tax)                     $0.11

Happy Shopping!
Andrea

No comments: