Thursday, December 6, 2012

$224 worth of Old Navy Gift Cards for $161.60

Lately I usually buy most of my gift cards through Plastic Jungle or Cardpool where you can purchase gift cards at a discount (all gift cards are guarranteed).  I usually got through topcashback.com  and earn and extra 2.5%-4% on my purchase just because I got through their site.  (Cashback sites are a great way to earn extra money on online orders.)

For example a few months ago I bought some JC Penney gift cards for 30% off the retail price.  My husband just bought some things on sale in the store and he got an AWESOME deal.  I also bought a few things on sale online and used the gift card-- during this online sale I went through a cashback site to save even more.  :)

Well, Old Navy cards are hard to get on these sites because of their popularity so when I saw the recent Coinstar deal to get a $10 extra when you exchange money for a $40 gift card I went for it.  (You exchange coins for gift cards--some machine allow you to do bills, too.) I ended up buying $160 dollars worth of Old Navy cards and got $40 worth of free gift cards.  There is $200 worth of gift cards for $160 but WAIT . . . . I happened to see that when you buy gift cards at Old Navy this week you get 10-15% off.  (10%--everyone, 15%--Old Navy Credit Card holders) 

So I went to Old Navy and bought $224 worth of gift cards with my $200 coinstar gift cards (they are paper receipts and I would prefer real gift cards anyway).  I ended up having to pay $1.60 in addition to my coinstar gift cards.  Now I just need to wait for sales and coupons and I will get another AWESOME DEAL!!!

Here are a few other cashback sites I use:

mrrebates.com

ebates.com

bigcrumbs.com

No comments: